I need to confess

I've been dumb.

Instead of reading MY surgeons list of foods I can eat, I was going off of what other people were eating for the pureed/mushy stage. Bad me! I got a little carried away! Lots of Pintos and Cheese (Taco Bell), Chili Cheese (Taco Bell, without the tortilla of course), mashed potatoes, cheese, and more cheese. I suppose cheese is good for protein, but none of those things are on his list. Which I just checked today...and I'm lame.

So that's my confession. I've been eating "bad"...I've been eating bad quantities and not following the drink rule (no liquid 30 before a meal and 30-60 after). I didn't really understand that rule other then the before was so you weren't full of liquid. The after rule is so the liquid doesn't wash down the protein and make you hungry not long after eating. Which I did, and was. So bad me. I'm having a hard time with the "head hunger" thing. They cut the nerves when doing the whole stomach procedure so my body isn't actually hungry...as someone put it - the rest of my stomach is just freaking out because it thinks it needs food since nothing is passing through it. So I need to remember that. I need to remember it's all in my head and just sip on my water or Sugar Free Kool-Aid.

Let's see...what else. I haven't been doing my goal of fitness walking a mile (I did start today though).

I KNOW I haven't gotten my protein in. I was just so sick of protein drinks. Sick of the sweet taste. But I've decided I just need to do it anyway. I'm going to switch it up and try the non-chocolate and vanilla stuff. Maybe that'll help. I'm keeping track again, so that's good.

All this aside, I've lost 25 pounds since August 11th (17 days). I'm sure if I had stuck to MY surgeon's eating, I would have lost more. 25 pounds is nothing to scoff at. It's still pretty darn exciting! But the road I'm on is slippery. I need to get "back on track" as they say in the weight loss world. Gotta remember my surgery is just a Tool. I have to still do the work.

So, today I started my fitness walking 1 mile. It felt good. I'm going to stick to a liquid diet through till next week (3 week meeting on Wed) to make sure I get all my protein in and drop the weight I should have lost already. I know I can eat that other stuff, so I'm not worried about slowly making my way to solid foods. I need to work on myself mentally first.

This weekend will be trying, but I so going to do it. We leave Friday evening to head to Dan's parent's house. My brother's wine bottling (for the wedding) is on Saturday and I said I'd come and add the labels (still have to cut 100 out). We're staying the rest of the weekend until around noon on Monday to watch the dogs while they are out visiting with friends. They have a treadmill in the basement and I'm excited to try walking up and down some steps (I live on the first floor) for some more exercise. And I told Dan we're taking the dogs for lots of walks. Just need to pack my vitamins and drinks!

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Luck! You have a great attitude about this--I don't think you've been bad--this is a tough thing to adapt to, and you are quite quickly on the right track. Yay, Jen!

     
  2. Don't push yourself too hard either...I think your attitude is fantastic! Don't forget though, 25 lbs in 17 days is astounding! Don't be crazy trying to "catch up" to some mythical number.

    It is the hard part isn't it? I struggled with head hunger too. BAD! Working on the issues makes you healthier in the long run though.

    You're doing great!!! So PROUD!
    -Jill

     
  3. Cheese also makes you constipated, so remember that when you eat large quantities of it. I still am lactose intolerant since surgery.

    It is fantastic that you have lost 25 pounds in 17 days.

    I didn't start out eating my protein like I should, I hated the shakes. I didn't start out exercising like I should and the head hunger was hard to overcome, but like me you can do this. Just keep up the good work.

    I am proud of you.