6 Weeks + 1 Day (the dreaded pictures!)

Aaaah my 6 week appointment was Wednesday!

Let me backtrack a little bit. I do freelance graphic design for those that don't know and work has been slow and money tight. Couple months ago I sent over my resume to a friend who works for this huge printing place. It wouldn't be for design, rather for customer service/account stuff. Anyway, Wednesday was my interview. It was in the morning and my nutrition class wasn't until 3PM. When I got home from the interview I needed to fill out the job application and send over a PDF of my resume so the Lakewood branch could send it to their headquarters in Pheonix. Well, my boyfriend had my laptop with all my design programs, which the Resume uses. I had just upgraded my desktop to Vista x64 and my programs don't work so the new ones are in the mail. I got home at 11 and it seriously took me till 3:15 to send the resume/application packet off.

I finally got to class at 3:45 right when they were ending...har. I had already read the portion in the book, so I'm not afraid I'm missing anything. I DID learn something new, though. In fact, we all did. Instead of 1 oz of whatever food, we're suppose to be eating 1 oz. in volume, so whatever can fit into a shot glass or a 1 oz. container. No wonder I've been getting really full on some things. I've been measuring everything to be 1 oz. rather then fit it into these little cups I stole from the hospital 6 weeks ago (hehe). The one thing I'm not excited about is they don't want us on Protein shakes anymore. I don't know if I can get all my protein in without a shake. No shakes, and only 1 protein bar a day. We'll see how I do... I'm trying the no shakes!

So at 6 weeks we are expected to up our exercise and start lifting weights and what not. I asked Dan and his family to buy me a membership to a gym for my birthday (Oct 13th!) and depending on price, some personal trainer sessions. I've had a membership at 24 Hour Fitness and I really liked the flexibility, but the closest Sport (I like to swim) is at least 20 min. away. There is a Bally's 3 blocks from our apartment and they have a pool. I wanted to check out the Bally's so I signed up for their 2 weeks free and went in today. They were having this "today only sale" (as I'm sure they do every day). They wanted $158 for the first month along with 6 training sessions. Considering the training sessions are $65/one, I think that's a great deal! It's $45/month after that and after 36 months it's $9/month. Now $45 seems really expensive, but the cool thing is I can add someone to my membership for free so if you split the $45 it's only $22/month/person! I dig that! The only issues I have with Bally's is that they aren't open 24 hours, but almost and they aren't located in Fort Collins, which is where I'll probably end up. But to get out of the contract it's only $50 or a doctors note saying I can't work out anymore. Just to see, I checked with 24 Hour Fitness and then made a spreadsheet (I'm the queen of making spreadsheets...you should see my schedule for when I get the job I don't even know if I'm getting or not!). 24 Hour was $109 starting with no training sessions and $30/month. So really Bally's was the better deal!

Daniel didn't want to split the monthly cost with me because he's not very motivated when it comes to going somewhere to workout. My friend, Stephanie, decided she would though! I'm totally excited for this! Probably more so then with Dan doing it with me! We can workout together on our lunch breaks (since I'd be working with her) and motivate eachother! Plus she can do the personal training with me and our first one is on Saturday! WHOOT!

I signed up today and hung out on the treadmill for 30 min. then went and swam some laps and sat in the hot tub. It felt wonderful. I missed going to a gym. Bally's is really nice too. I think I shall like it! I have some free passes and Dan said he'd like to go with me tomorrow. :)

And onto the embarassing pictures! I promised I'd post, so here goes. You can see small changes. When I worked at Sports Authority I was able to get my weight down to 292 on my own, so I'm not really super excited about the weight loss so far. When I get beyond that point I'll be excited. :)

I wore the tighest pants and shirt I could find in my closet and will continue to use them in my journey!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at that booty!! Seriously it's getting tight, and you seemed to have lost a lot on your legs as well. Which is awesome, I wish I could loose that part first :( You are doing an awesome job Nifferson!! I miss you, and keep it up, you are going to look fabulous!! And I can't wait to get back so we can party it up!! Love ya!

     
  2. I can tell it in your face around your eyes, under the chin, your upper arms, your boobies, and your behiney. I really can. The first photos I took after about a month I didn't see much of a difference either, but time will tell. I am so happy for you. And with the fitness training at the gym, you are going to be so svelte in no time. Good luck, keep up the good work.

    Pray for me that I can get this last 20 pounds off.