All Scheduled!

Got a call to complete my surgery schedule! I will be having surgery on August 11th at 7:30 AM. I have to be there by 5:30 AM - lol ...yikes! I have preop for the hospital followed by preop for Dr. Snyder both on August 5th in the morning. I pretty much know what to expect. I have to have everything paid before surgery. Just waiting on the total for the hospital, then I can send it all off.

Right now I'm eating horribly...serious. I should be eating decent and I think from now until my surgery I will start blogging what I have eaten all day. That should keep me accountable! YAY! So you people make fun of me if you see something dumb.

I ordered a bunch of samples from around the web of different protein powders. Samples are expensive! Over $2 per! And that's only ONE drink! But...whatever. Sadly people say that your taste changes after surgery, but I'm hoping not! I'd like to have all this stuff figured out so I can just drink it when I get home. Right now I'm sipping on some Chocolate Mint drink. It WAS tasty till I took my vitamins...now my mouth has a funky citrus taste that doesn't go well with chocolate mint...bah! I have to take chewable vitamins from here on out unless they're really small. Big ones will get stuck and we don't want that :P. I'm taking a Centrum chewable, a B12 little guy that dissolves under the tongue, and some Biotin. Don't know how much the biotin will help, but I'm hoping a lot! The Anesthesia makes your hair fall out. I didn't know that hair grew in 3 month spirts. WLS patients usually see their hair fall out from 3-6 months out. Normally it's just the patient that sees it. I'm hoping I don't freak out and cut my hair. I've been trying to grow it foooorever!

Anyway, I am on vitamins for life now! I don't mind. We should be taking vitamins everyday anyway! I just need to watch all my levels for B12, iron, etc from here on out to make sure I'm not defficient (is that a word?) in anything. I keep seeing these surgery patients years out developing anemia and having to get iron infussions and all this stuff. I look at what they did and I don't know if they left something out or just weren't told that they needed to take more then just a multivitamin for the rest of their lives. Dr. Snyder tells us up front that we will be taking a multivitamin, a b12, iron if it's needed, calcium, etc etc. We need to get blood work done regularly to watch all this. AND we're taking 2 multivitamins! 1 in the morning and 1 at night. So it sucks if they weren't informed or ignored it. I've also read a bunch of people not taking all of their pills because they "feel great!". You can't ignore that stuff! Your body isn't normal anymore! It needs to be looked after still.

If at any point in time I am ignoring my vitamins or my blood work - someone smack the crap outta me.

Mom is going to drop me off on Monday. She's chillin' at our place during the surgery. If it had been one week early Dan would have been off from school, but he restarts on the 11th! BOO! I don't know what his schedule is, but I think he's going to have to pick me up and take me home Wed (I think) since Mom is flying out for some business stuff. Should be fun!

I'm just excited to start this journey already!


July 24th Food

Breakfast:
- Protein Powder (33g of protein)
- 6 oz. Calorie Countdown Fat Free Milk (If you're watching your carbs and calories, this stuff is great! I don't think I'd drink it on it's own till I got use to it, but with something is awesome. It's half the calories of regular milk and waaaay less carbs. Can be found at Super Walmarts and King Soopers)

Lunch:
3 Slices turkey deli meat
1 serving cheese spread
Grape Tomatoes

Vitamins:
B12
Multivitamin
Biotin

0 comments: