Dr. Snyder Consultation

Mom was here at 7:30 (she's always 30 min. early) and Nijla was here at 7:45. I was going to vacuum, but it wouldn't cooperate and broke another belt (brand new). So they had dirty floors!

We got to the office early and then had to chill for a bit before seeing Dr. Snyder. I really like him. I think Mom got all her questions answered and seems much better with my decision in which surgery (RnY). He seemed excited for me and believed that I would do very well. You'd think he'd tell all his patients that but he doesn't. The lady he saw right before me had RnY months ago and was failing and he told her "You will not lose anymore weight. You will gain it all right back because you haven't done anything right." It made her cry...lol. Yeah it might seem harsh, but it's a $27k surgery you're having. If you're just going to treat it like every other diet you've been on, you're an idiot. He said he won't lie to people. If he thinks you won't be good, he'll tell you. Very honest and I like that. Mom kept saying that I'm like her in the stubborn department. If I want something, there's nothing stopping me. She thinks I will do just fine :) I'm banking on losing most of the excess weight in the first year and will do my darndest to get to it!

He was running late and Mom had a doctors appointment at 11:45 further south in Englewood. We needed to speak with Dolly before leaving, but were told she would be a minute. Since it was already close to 11:30 at that point we asked if we could come back after Mom's appointment and they said that was fine. So we speeded our way to Englewood (not really, hard to do so in traffic). Made it late, but not too late.

Found out that some of my tests didn't show up to Dr. Snyder. Like my blood work *growls*. I did it on the 19th and the lady said that results would take 3 days and they would send it right off to Dr. Snyder (I gave them a piece of paper where to fax). It wasn't there. So we called and no answer. It's a walk-in clinic in Wal Mart (serious...) and I have to go there today to shop for the camping trip so I'll chew some butts. The Pulmonary stuff hasn't gotten in either and I called them and they said it can take 2 weeks! GUH! I want to have surgery by the end of the month, so I hope I still can. Oh and I can totally still go to Cancun with Mom in October! Snyder said by then I'll be eating solid foods and they have good protein there so I should be fine! Whoo! Now I just need to go get my Passport.

Did my sleeping test last night. Made Dan sleep on the couch (hehe). Kobe decided that at 3AM he was going to dump anything on top of the headboard on my head so I had to get up and throw him out (Dan was suppose to sleep with them, but apparently the bedroom door was ajar enough that he wedged his way in). Have to return the little machine today. Last test is on the 9th! Whoot! My nutrition class is on the 10th! Hopefully tests will be in the following week and then scheduling time!

0 comments: